Associate of Applied Science
- Paramedical Technology Degree Requirements 2015-2016
- Career Pathway Sheet
- Degree Planning Sheet
- UAA Southcentral Paramedic Program Application
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Paramedical Technology is for people who:
- Desire an exciting career saving lives
- Want to work as part of a team
- Value contributing to their community
- Enjoy making decisions and solving problems
- Possess physical strength and dexterity
Students will learn how to provide pre-hospital emergency care to acutely ill or injured patients. They learn to assess and manage patients with emergency medical needs.
Paramedics are an integral part of the front line team of health care professionals who save lives and provide for the public safety of the community.
Mat-Su College paramedic students train with “state-of-the-art” equipment in classrooms, at local and regional hospitals, and during a preceptor internship offered with major ambulance services.
The University of Alaska Anchorage | Matanuska-Susitna College, together with the satellite campus at Kenai Peninsula College, is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for Educational Programs for Emergency Medical Services Professions. – See more
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763