- Received CASE 2010 U.S. Professor of the Year
- Received 2001 Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching Alaska Professor of the Year.
- Received Research Travel Grant, Research Travel-Round I, FY 01 from Provost Dan Johnson.
- Received Legislative Citation in recognition of accomplishments and contributions from the Twenty-first Alaska State Legislature, January 25, 2000.
- Received Research Travel Grant, Research Travel-Round I, FY 00 from Provost Dan Johnson.
- Awarded the Mathematics Association of America’s Pacific Northwest Section Award for Distinguished College or University of Teaching of Mathematics for the 1998-1999 academic year.
- Received Research Travel Grant, Research Travel-Round II, FY 99 from Provost Dan Johnson.
- Awarded 1998 Longevity Award for ten years of dedicated service.
- Listed in the UAA Teaching Excellence Program Hall of Fame.
- Awarded the University of Alaska Anchorage Teaching Excellence Award, August 27, 1998.
- Awarded the 1998 Outstanding Full-Time Teaching Award.
- For other, past, awards, please see Dr. Chang’s Curriculum Vitae.
- Mathematical Association of America
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- American Mathematical Society
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges