School code # 011462
Financial Aid helps make college affordable. It can help pay for tuition and fees, books and supplies, transportation, and some living expenses. Financial aid is available for degree-seeking students.
Grants and Scholarships are monetary awards that generally do not need to be repaid. Grants are usually awarded with emphasis on financial need. Scholarships are awarded based upon various criteria, for example, academic or work performance.
An education loan is a form of financial aid that must be repaid, with interest. Loans are categorized as student loans, parent loans, or private loans and may be subsidized (no interest payment) or unsubsidized (with interest payment).
Apply for Financial Aid
Call for an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor 745-9762.
Students should apply for financial aid at least six months prior to the beginning of the semester for which financial aid is needed.
- Apply for Admission to Mat-Su College (or UAA).
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with school code #011462.
- Complete UAOnline scholarship application.
- Contact the Bureau of Indian Affairs or your local native organization about available awards (if applicable).
- Make an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor and Academic Advisor.
- Register for classes at UAOnline.
- Fullfill verification requirements, if requested.The U.S. Department of Education randomly selects certain financial aid applications for the verification process. The Financial Aid office also verifies information on selected applications prior to students receiving funds. Check your UAOnline account to see what documents are needed to complete your financial aid application and received your funds.
Go to UAOnline
- Log into the secured area with you UA ID and pin.
- Click on Financial Aid tab.
- Select UAA
- Click on Award
- Click on Award by Aid Year
- Select the aid year in the drop down box (refer to your Student Aid Report). Click Submit.
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab. You will have to make some decisions at this point.
- You can accept all or a portion of your award. It is awarded annually and will be divided between Fall and Spring.
- Awards that you do not have to pay back are automatically accepted for you.
- Click Submit.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- The MPN is a promissory note that can be used to take one or more loans for one or more academic years (up to 10 years). A separate MPN is required for Direct Stafford loans and Parent PLUS loans.
- Save a copy of your MPN as it is a legal document you may need for future reference.
- Complete entrance loan counseling (UAA majors only)
- This is a Federal requirement when you take out a Federal Stafford Loan for the first time.
- Counseling sessions can be done online and will take about 30-45 minutes
Remember to Monitor your financial aid status at UAOnline and re-apply annually.