Congratulations on your accomplishment! We sincerely hope that you will participate in the 2017 Matanuska-Susitna College (MSC) commencement to celebrate your achievements and those of your fellow graduating classmates. Commencement will be held in the Glenn Massay Theater on Friday, May 12, 2017. Due to limited seating each graduate is invited to bring five guests. Tickets can be obtained at the Campus Cache along with reserving a cap and gown.
2017 Invitation Coming Soon!
The following is the time line for graduation activities:
April 3-April 28 Pre-commencement information
- Pick up your tickets and reserve your cap & gown
Our caps and gowns were purchased by the Mat-Su College Student Government Council and are available for your use free of charge. Please go to Campus Cache during their normal business hours to guarantee that you reserve a gown in your size: Monday-Thursday 8:30am -6:00pm & Friday 8:30am-4:00pm
Note: If you wish, you may purchase a cap and gown online through the UAA Bookstore at www.uaa.alaska.edu/bookstore or by phone by 907-786-4760
- Honor cords: Graduates who are receiving honor cords will receive an email with instructions on picking up their cords before commencement. More information can be found on our commencement web page.
May 12 Commencement at the Glenn Massay Theater
- Rehearsal – 1:00–2:00pm
- Break – please return by 6:00pm to check in for commencement
- Graduates must arrive for check-in 6:00pm
- Individual photographs taken between 6:00pm-6:25pm.
If you wish to have an (optional) individual photograph taken, a professional photographer will be available on the night of commencement. An order form with a price list is posted on our website.
- Group photograph, compliments of Mat-Su College, taken at 6:30 pm (SHARP)
- Graduate processional line-up at 7:15pm.
- Commencement ceremony begins at 7:30pm.
- Reception for graduates and guests will immediately follow the ceremony in the theater’s lobby.
Graduation with Honors. For a more detailed description refer to the UAA Catalog under “Graduation with Honors”.