Please read the following:
This form must be completed if your certification was already sent to the VA and you:
- Add/drop any courses at any time during the semester or,
- Change your major or,
- Change the type of VA benefits you are utilizing.
- The same day you add or drop courses. Failure to do so in a timely manner will result in a delay of benefits or,
- After your change of major has been processed. Please check UAOnline to be sure the change has been processed before submitting this form or,
- After you have completed the VONAPP changing the type of VA Educational Benefits you will be utilizing.
Things you should know about changes:
The VA Report of Change form is a tool for students to notify the VA School Certifying Officials about changes. Students must first complete appropriate forms and processes as described below:
- You must add courses using UAOnline or by using the Add/Drop form.
- Only courses that satisfy requirements outlined by the curriculum in a students catalog year can be certified. This includes prerequisite courses and remedial courses that are required prior to entering required courses.
- It is highly recommended that you meet with your academic advisor before making changes to your course schedule or utilize Degreeworks to ensure the applicability of courses to your degree plan.
- You must drop courses using UAOnline or by using the Add/ Drop From.
- If you drop course(s) after the add/drop period you will create a debt with the VA.
- You can drop courses at the beginning of the term during the add/drop period without creating a debt with UAA or the VA.
Change of Major:
- You must complete the Change of Major process with the University.
- If you change your major during a term, your certification will be reevaluated and any coursework not applicable to your new major will become a debt you owe the VA.
Changing the type of VA benefits you are using:
- You must complete the VONAPP with the VA to change the type of VA Educational Benefits you are using.
- Once you have done this, please provide a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility or verification of the new benefit eligibility.
Updating your demographic information is done through UAOnline.