Checklist for Success
We want you to get the most out of your education at Mat-Su College. With that in mind, this checklist is for you to keep track of the registration process to become a Certified Nurse Aide.
Simply complete each segment of the checklist and you will be on your way to a new fulfilling career in the health sciences!
To navigate the checklist, click each section title for detailed information about that step.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER
If not already admitted to a degree, complete application as a Non-Degree Seeking Student
- Click the blue Enter button under University of Alaska Anchorage
- Then click on 'New Student" in red
- Create a Login ID and PIN
- Allow 1-3 days for processing
ACCUPLACER is an online placement test consisting of two multiple choice assessments: Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills.
ALEKS Placement for Math Skills
ALEKS helps determine your level of skill in math.
- The math test can be accessed at UAOnline.
- Select the Current Students tab, then ALEKS Math Placement Test.
- Test candidates must be registered for admission and have a student ID number.
Test candidates should especially note TAKE THE TEST instructions in the left column. The requirements listed must be met before beginning the test.
Retest: The initial test sets up a unique learning path for each individual. Anyone wishing to retest will be directed to personalized learning modules which target areas needing improvement. After the set of modules are completed, the placement test becomes available again. The ALEKS test may be retaken four times after the initial test.
Note: Check with an advisor to use previous test scores.
Obtain two sets of fingerprints from a State-approved provider.
2521 E. Mountain Village Dr., Ste. B
Wasilla, AK 99654
(907) 373-2329 (Fax)
- Fingerprint card (2 sets), cost $41.00/ plus tax
Instructions will be provided by the course instructor.
The registration specialist will lift your registration hold, allowing you to register.