Memorandum of Understanding
I fully understand that I am responsible to follow the provisions and conditions set forth during the HCA A105 course:
- I am expected to pick up and pay for the required textbook/workbooks prior to the start of classes. I am expected to complete all reading/workbook assignments.
- I am expected to supply a copy of my American Heart Association BLS/First Aid Certification to my instructor.
- In order to sit for the Alaska Board Certification, certain contact hours requirements must be met. Attendance to every class session is expected. See the class syllabus for more information on individual instructor’s makeup policies.
- I will be expected to complete all written quizzes and exams.
- I am expected to maintain a minimum average grade of “C” on all graded assignments.
- I am expected to be able to move or lift 50 lbs. or 25% of my body weight, whichever is less, and be able to lift over my head.
- I am expected to assume responsibility for my own learning with guidance from the instructor.
- I am expected to wear scrubs in class labs and at clinical training sites.
- I understand it is my responsibility to verify with the Alaska State Board of Nursing whether I am eligible to apply for certification through the State of Alaska as a nurse aide and to become certified I must personally submit state test, application, and certification fees to the state testing board.
- I understand that being convicted of a crime does not prevent me from registering for the class, but may prevent me from attending the clinical portion of the course and could therefore keep me from being able to complete the course and from being certified as a nurse aide by the State of Alaska. Any questions about my eligibility should be addressed prior to registering for HCA A105. Inquiries should be made to the Alaska Board of Nursing at 907-269-8161.
- I understand that no refund will be given for students who have taken the course but are ineligible for state licensing or examination, or are unable to complete the class due to criminal history.
- I understand that I must drop this course before the official drop date in order to receive a 100% refund. After the drop date, there will be no refund.
- The campus assumes no responsibility for illnesses and injuries experienced by students in conjunction with their CNA clinical experience. Students who are injured while completing clinical assignments are responsible for all associated medical costs.