Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
The AAS degree in Paramedical Technology is for people who:
- Desire an exciting career saving lives
- Want to work as part of a team
- Value contributing to their community
- Enjoy making decisions and solving problems
- Possess physical strength and dexterity
Students will learn how to provide pre-hospital emergency care to acutely ill or injured patients. They learn to assess and manage patients with emergency medical needs.
Paramedics are an integral part of the front line team of health care professionals who save lives and provide for the public safety of the community.
Mat-Su College paramedic students train with “state-of-the-art” equipment in classrooms, at local and regional hospitals, and during a preceptor internship offered with major ambulance services.
Vital Statistics of the UAA | Matanuska-Susitna Paramedic Program*
National Registry Written Exam
This is the exam that certifies our graduates as National Registry Paramedics (NRP). Since receiving accreditation in January 2015 95% of our graduates have passed the exam.
As of the graduating class of Academic Year 2015-2016, 95% of our graduates have passed the exam on the FIRST TRY!
National Registry Psychomotor Exam
Since 2015, 100% of our students have passed the psychomotor exam.
Positive placement means Paramedics get jobs. Since 2015, 81% of our graduates are working as Paramedics. The other 19% are either working in other medical career fields or pursuing additional education.
The program is rigorous, but with hard-work and dedication you can make it! The most recent graduating class, Academic Year 2015-2016, enrolled 23 students and graduated 16 students. That’s a 70% graduation (matriculation) rate.
*stats include students graduating from the Kenai Peninsula College satellite program.
The University of Alaska Anchorage | Matanuska-Susitna College, together with the UAA community campus at Kenai Peninsula College, is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for Educational Programs for Emergency Medical Services Professions. - See moreCommission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs 25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158 Clearwater, FL 33763 (727) 210-2350 www.caahep.org
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software