What Comes Next: High School Student
It is up to the student to ensure the college credits count towards your high school degree by speaking with you high school counselor before signing up for classes. Once you are admitted to MSC, it is important to get ready for the upcoming semester. Below we have outlined the main on-campus objectives for high school students.
Step 1: Apply for Admissions
- Go to the Admission page to apply for admissions and obtain a college student identification number. This may take 2-3 business days.
Step 2: Retrieve your college identification number and username
- Go to UA ELMO to look up your newly created student number and username
Step 3: Complete university authorization forms
Forms are processed through the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) campus and may take 2-3 business days.
- Secondary Student Parent/Guardian Agreement Form (PowerForm) REQUIRED
- Authorization to Release Educational Record Information Form (PowerForm)
Step 4: Take placement tests
- Schedule placement tests.
Step 5: Schedule an appointment with an advisor
Students are encouraged to meet with a Mat-Su College Advisor to discuss educational goals. Schedule an appointment appointment online. Please note: Due to social distancing recommendations to prevent the spread of coronavirus, academic advising will be conducted through Zoom or telephone. Before you meet with your college advisor, review the college class schedule to see which Mat-Su College classes you might be interested in taking.
Step 6: Register for classes
- Log into your UAOnline account and register for classes.
Step 7: Buy your textbooks
- Visit our bookstore, the Campus Cache (you can order through the campus bookstore at the beginning of each term)
- Or, purchase your textbooks online at the Virtual Bookstore
Step 8: Pay tuition and fees
- Log into your UAOnline account and pay your bill
Step 9: Know your deadlines
- Stay up-to-date with your Academic Dates and Deadlines to make sure you stay on track
Step 10: Get a student identification card
- Student identification card (WOLFcard) is issued in Student Services (FSM101)
- See the WOLFcard Information page to learn more