Secondary Student (High School) Enrollment
If you are a new student:
- Go to UAOnline, hover over "Just Take a Class", and click "Enter as Non-Degree-Seeking Student".
- Click the “Enter” button below the UAA logo.
- Follow the prompts.
After submitting the application, please allow three business days for processing.
How to Register
- Download Secondary Student Registration paperwork, or pick up a copy at Student Services, FSM 101.
- A Secondary Student and Parent/Guardian Agreement must be signed by the student and a parent.
- Both forms should be turned in to Student Services.
Admitted secondary students with a signed Agreement form on file will be eligible to register through UAOnline for courses with space available. Secondary students must meet all required course prerequisites as specified in the course description on UAOnline. Prerequisite or test score overrides must be entered by the instructor or an academic advisor prior to registration.
Register in Person:
- Bring a signed Secondary Student and Parent/Guardian form and a government-issued photo ID to Student Services.
If someone other than the student is submitting the form, they will also need to submit a signed Proxy for Registration Form and show the student's photo ID.
Meet with an Academic Counselor:
To get help with selecting courses, call (907) 745-9762 or stop by Student Services.
Contact a Faculty Member:
You can access the Alphabetical Faculty Directory.
Attending Mat-Su College while still enrolled in high school?
Please read the UAA Secondary Student Enrollment Policy.
- There is no application fee or deadline for secondary student admissions.
- Current secondary school applicants are admitted on a non-degree-seeking status only.
- Secondary students who have applied to the university in a prior semester do not need to apply again.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software