We sincerely hope you will participate in the 2019 MSC Commencement to celebrate your achievements and those of your fellow graduating classmates.
Please know that seating at the Glenn Massay Theater will be limited. Reservations are not needed and seats are taken on a first arrival basis. Overflow seating will be provided in the theater lobby to watch the ceremony on monitors.
Commencement will be held in The Glenn Massay Theater on Friday, May 10, 2019. The following time line will be the final schedule for commencement activities:
- Reserve your cap & gown - Caps and gowns are available for your use for free, courtesy of the MSC Student Government Council. Please go to Campus Cache during normal business hours (Monday-Thursday 8:30am -7:30pm & Friday 8:30am-4pm) to reserve a gown in your size: Note: If you wish, you may purchase a cap and gown online through the UAA Bookstore, or call 907-786-4760.
Commencement at The Glenn Massay Theater
- Rehearsal - 1:00pm–2:00pm
- Break – please return by 6:00pm to check in for commencement
- Graduates must arrive for check-in 6pm
- Individual photograph taken between 6:00pm-6:25pm.
- If you wish to have an (optional) individual photograph taken, a professional photographer will be available on the night of commencement.
- Group photograph, compliments of MSC, taken at 6:30 pm (SHARP)
- Graduate processional line-up at 7:15pm.
- Commencement ceremony begins at 7:30pm.
- Reception for graduates and guests will immediately follow the ceremony in the theater’s lobby.
Photo Price List
Your diploma and photo(s) will be mailed to you mid-summer. Refer to this page for more information including a list of graduates and electronic graduation invitation.
Graduates who are receiving honor cords will receive an email with instructions on picking up their cords before commencement.Honor cords represent a graduate's entire academic history. This means there may be more to your GPA than what you see on your transcript.
Student Leadership Honors are publicly awarded to students in recognition and honor of the voluntary leadership contributions they have made to Matanuska-Susitna College (MSC) while maintaining their academic excellence. Through leadership activities, honor students must have enhanced the educational mission of Mat-Su College, and more importantly, offered other students the opportunity to grow and excel. Their involvement must have promoted individual and collective growth, thereby enhancing student life at Mat-Su College. Recipients of MSC Student Leadership Honors will have a permanent notation of the award made on their transcripts and will be commemorated at the Spring Commencement ceremony.
Students receiving the distinction of graduating with honors from Mat-Su College:
- Must have graduated or be graduating from an MSC program in Summer 2018, Fall 2018, or Spring 2019
- Must have a minimum cumulative MSC/UAA GPA of 3.0
- Must demonstrate ongoing leadership involvement during two or more semesters while a student at MSC
- Must make a significant contribution to the college in one or more of the following
- Elected/appointed to office
- Chaired a committee
- Participated in college club activities, MSC student government, or other MSC student groups promoting the educational mission of the college and enhancing student life on campus
- Must present two letters of recommendation that speak specifically about college leadership participation
- Complete a Leadership Honors Application Packet by April 5, 2019
Graduates receiving academic honors wear a gold honor cord during commencement and is noted on their transcript. Eligible graduates will receive an email with instructions on picking up their honor cords before commencement. For a more detailed description refer to the UAA Catalog under “Graduation with Honors”. (H)= students graduating with honors (Undergraduate Certs & Degrees) (PTK) = Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society students (S) = Student Speaker (L) = Student Leadership Honor (M) = Military Veterans and Active Duty
For graduating veteran or active duty military we would like to recognize your service with a special honor cord. Please visit Campus Cache during business hours to reserve yours.
Associate of Applied Science
Associate of Arts
Occupational Endorsement Certificates
Graduates from other campuses
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software