Seating at the Glenn Massay Theater will be limited. Reservations are not needed and seats are taken on a first arrival basis. Overflow seating will be provided in the theater lobby to watch the ceremony on monitors.
- Rehearsal from 1:00pm–2:00pm
- Check-in at 6pm
- Individual photograph (optional) taken between 6:00pm-6:25pm
- Group photograph (compliments of MSC) taken at 6:30 pm (SHARP)
- Graduates line up for Processional at 7:15pm
- Commencement ceremony begins at 7:30pm
- Reception for graduates and guests will immediately follow the ceremony in the theater’s lobby.
Graduates receiving academic honors wear a gold honor cord during commencement and is noted on their transcript. Eligible graduates will receive an email with instructions on picking up their honor cords before commencement. For a more detailed description refer to the UAA Catalog under “Graduation with Honors
We would like to recognize graduating veterans or active duty military for your service with a special honor cord. Please visit Campus Cache during business hours to reserve yours.
Diplomas will not be inside diploma covers. It will take a few weeks to calculate grades for graduates who have just finished finals. Graduates will receive an email from Student Services when diplomas are printed and ready for pick-up/delivery.
Conferring of degrees at the ceremony is provisional, pending verification that all degree requirements have been met.