Occupational Endorsement Certificates
- Requirements – Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Office Foundations, 2016-2017
- Degree Planning Sheet – Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Office Foundations
- Requirement – Occupational Endorsement Certificates (OEC) in Office Support, 2016-2017
- Degree Planning Sheet – Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC) in Office Support
The Computer Information and Office Systems (CIOS) program offers career education leading to Occupational Endorsement Certificates (OECs) in Office Support and Office Foundations. The CIOS OECs prepare students for career entry or advancement while developing and refining lifelong learning skills, fostering flexible career path options and building confidence to adapt to new technological demands in the workplace.
The CIOS program prepares entry-level, experienced, or workforce re-entry level office workers to successfully engage in business office environments where communication, technical, organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills are essential to business success. CIOS courses also cover topics that help prepare students for Microsoft Office and Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) certification examinations.
Career pathways include
- Administrative Assistant
- Account Executive
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Office Assistant
- Office Manager
- Receptionist or Information Clerk
- Records Specialist
- Sales Support Specialist
- Senior Executive Assistant
The OECs in Office Foundations and Office Support were revised for the 2016-17 academic year and are now accepting applicants. Financial aid eligibility is pending; please consult with your financial aid or academic advisor if interested in financial aid.
CIOS AAS Degree Program:
Admission to the AAS in CIOS is currently suspended for new applicants. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions sheet for more information regarding this program change.