Getting the right help at the right time is what academic advising is all about. You can make your time in college more meaningful and your path toward a degree more efficient by meeting with an academic advisor at the start of your college career and anytime you experience difficulties succeeding in college.
Advisors help you assess your potential, set educational goals, and locate helpful resources. Come see an advisor to map out your Mat-Su College degree plan and for assistance furthering your education beyond MSC.
Advisors are located within Student Services in the Fred & Sara Machetanz Building (FSM) room 101.
Call for an Advising Appointment 745-9762 (bring a photo ID to your appointment).
Prior to an Academic Advising Appointment:
- Apply for Admissions at Mat-Su College or UAA.
- Complete the Accuplacer Test (or submit SAT/ACT scores).
- Request Transcripts from previously attended institutions.
Special Services Offered by our Academic Advisors:
Top Ten Questions to Ask Your Advisor:
- Do I have to take prerequisite courses?
- How many classes should I take each semester?
- How can I get help choosing a degree major?
- When can I register for classes online?
- What if Mat-Su College doesn’t offer the class I need?
- How is my Grade Point Average (GPA) calculated for honors recognition?
- What should I do if I’m having problems in a class?
- Should I take all of my general education classes first?
- Are classes offered during the summer?
- If I work full-time, can I still get the classes I need?