Registering for classes or applying for admission for the first time? Check out these guide downloads…
Apply for Admission
To be admitted to degree-seeking status you must apply by the semester Add/Drop Deadline. Beginning with the fall 2004 semester, everyone who wants to take classes at MSC must first be admitted.
Admission is the process of identifying your educational goals and matching them to the program or track that can best help you achieve them.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska that in accordance with federal and state law, illegal discrimination against any individual because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood is prohibited. Decisions affecting individuals shall be based on the individual’s qualifications, abilities and performance, as appropriate.
Inquiries concerning the application of state and federal laws on nondiscrimination to the University may be directed to UAA’s University Office of Campus Diversity and Compliance, the Office of Civil Rights, or to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
Decide what program you want (ADMISSIONS ->DEGREE PROGRAMS)
- Take a placement test (THE LEARNING CENTER ->TESTING)
- Meet with an academic advisor (STUDENT SERVICES -> ADVISING)
- Secure financial aid (STUDENT SERVICES -> FINANCIAL AID)
- Apply for admission (ADMISSIONS -> APPLY)
- Register for classes (UA ONLINE)
- Pay tuition and fees (UA ONLINE)
- Buy your textbooks (CAMPUS CACHE)
- Get a student identification card and email address (UA ONLINE)
- Drop or add classes (UA ONLINE)