How to Apply for Admission Online
Apply for Admission
- Everyone who wants to take classes must first be admitted.
- Admission is the process of identifying your educational goals and matching them to the program or track that can best help you achieve them.
- To be admitted to degree-seeking status you MUST APPLY BY THE SEMESTER ADD/DROP DEADLINE.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska that in accordance with federal and state law, illegal discrimination against any individual because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood is prohibited. Decisions affecting individuals shall be based on the individual’s qualifications, abilities and performance, as appropriate.
Inquiries concerning the application of state and federal laws on nondiscrimination to the University may be directed to UAA’s University Office of Campus Diversity and Compliance, the Office of Civil Rights, or to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
Undergraduate (Degree Seeking)
- Choose the program that’s right for you by selecting a degree, major and application type.
- Understand your admission requirements.
- Complete the online application.
- Pay by credit card. If you do not wish to use a credit card, submit a paper application instead, and submit it directly to Student Services.
- Print your confirmation page.
MSC also welcomes students taking classes for personal or professional reasons who don’t intend to earn a certificate or degree. Students on this track are not eligible to receive financial aid, apply for student visas, or earn degrees.
- Complete the online application. There is no charge for the non-degree seeking application.
- Credits you earn while a non-degree-seeking student can be applied to a degree later if you decide to become degree-seeking.
For information on admission for international students, please visit UAA International Student Services.
Please note that Mat-Su College does not offer housing. We are located 45 miles north of Anchorage.