Mat-Su College is a community campus of the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA), and shares the UAA mission of providing open access to higher education for all students.

Applying for admission is your first step in becoming a college student, and the admission office at Mat-Su College is here to help. Contact us for assistance with application requirements, Alaska residency, Advanced Placements credits, postponing your degree or changing your major.

Cross-campus Enrollment

If you are pursuing a degree program offered by the University of Alaska Anchorage campus or another UA campus, you do not need to reapply to a Mat-Su College degree program to attend classes at Mat-Su College. Students admitted to other UA campuses are welcome to enroll in classes at Mat-Su College.

Admission Policies

The UAA Catalog outlines policies governing undergraduate admission and student rights and responsibilities in the admission process. Mat-Su College admission policies are the same as the policies described in the UAA catalog except for the deadline to accept admission applications (see note below). Please follow this link to review the section on Undergraduate Admissions before applying.

Application Deadlines

You must apply for admission by the semester’s ADD/DROP deadline which is at the end of the second week of each semester.

 Although we accept applications through the add/drop deadline, if you are a degree-seeking student we strongly recommend applying at least two months before the start of the semester you plan to start college.  Applying early allows sufficient time for processing, placement testing, and advising before registration and helps ensure a successful start to college life. Applications received after July 15 for fall, November 15 for spring and May 1 for summer are considered “late” applications and will be processed as time allows.

Application Types and Fees

Anyone who wants to take classes must first be admitted. When applying for admission, we ask you to choose an application type based on your educational objectives and academic goals.  For example, you can:

Choose an undergraduate degree-seeking application if you are taking classes to earn a degree, certificate or occupational endorsement certificate. Degree-seeking students may be eligible for financial aid and there is a non-refundable fee of $40.

Choose a non-degree-seeking application if you are taking classes for the purpose of personal or professional enhancement and do not want to pursue a certificate or degree. Non-degree-seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.  There is no application fee.

Choose an MSC secondary school student application if you are attending 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade and are planning to take classes with us while continuing high school or you are a Tech Prep student enrolling for concurrent credit. There is no application fee.

International applicants will need to apply through the Anchorage campus of UAA. Please refer to UAA International Student Services page for more information.

Program of Study

You will also need to choose a program of study (major).  Review detailed information on the degree programs, certificates, and occupational endorsements offered at Mat-Su College under Academic Programs

Transcripts Required

After applying for degree or certificate-seeking admission, you will need to submit required transcripts as follows:

Freshmen applicants (still in high school or have earned less than 24 college credits):

  • High school (or GED) transcript*
  • College transcripts from all regionally-accredited institutions attended, other than University of Alaska campuses (we can access those for you).

Transfer applicants (have earned 24 or more college-level credits)

  • College transcripts from all regionally-accredited institutions attended, other than University of Alaska campuses (we can access those for you).

*If you have not graduated yet, submit an in-progress transcript for earlier acceptance.  After graduation, submit a final transcript with a graduation date to complete your admission process.

Transcripts must be official and mailed to the following address from the issuing institution:

                      Mat-Su College
                      Attn: Student Services
                      P.O. Box 2889
                      Palmer AK 99645

Official transcripts may also be submitted to MSC in an unopened envelope sealed by the issuing institution, or through a secure electronic system using a secure site such as AVOW or Script-Safe. Official secure electronic documents may be emailed to Faxed transcripts and test scores are not acceptable for admission purposes.

Apply for Admission

Apply Now Button


How to Apply – Degree-Seeking

How to Apply – Non-Degree-Seeking

How to Apply – Mat-Su Middle College Students (high school)

How to Apply – Non-Degree-Seeking Secondary Students (high school)

After applying for Admissions, what’s next?  Click Here

Helpful links

Mat-Su Borough School District transcript request form:

Anchorage School District transcript request:

GED search:

Paper Application for Admission Form

Who should use this form:  Students who are unable to access the online application can apply by printing and submitting a paper application.   Paper Applications are available by request only.  Please contact a Student Services at (907) 745-9746 to submit a request.