As students attending a community campus of the University of Alaska Anchorage, Mat-Su College students are afforded the same rights and responsibilities as any member of the University community. These rights, freedoms, and responsibilities are explained in the Fact Finder Student Handbook (see links below) and on the Dean of Students page of the UAA website. As stated in the Fact Finder Handbook, “All members of the University community have a responsibility to protect and maintain an academic climate in which the freedom to learn is enjoyed by all. To this end, certain basic regulations and policies have been developed to govern the behavior of students as members of the University community.”
For questions on student rights, freedoms, and responsibilities, contact Student Services or the Office of Academic Affairs at Mat-Su College.
Academic related policies and processes are delineated in the UAA Catalog
UAA Fact Finder Student Rights, Freedoms, and Responsibilities (section begins on page 50)
- Student Rights, Freedoms, and Responsibilities, page 51
- UAA Guidelines for Children and Minors on Campus, page 52
- Class Attendance/Absences, page 53
- Student-initiated Drop or Withdrawal, page 54
- Faculty-initiated Drop or Withdrawal, page 54
- UAA Campus Security and Fire Safety Report, page 54
- Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act, page 55
- University Student Educational Records (FERPA) Policy, page 55
- Student Dispute/Complaint Resolution Process, page 58
- Student Complaint Process/External Agencies, page 60
- Academic Honesty, page 60
- Academic Rights of Students, page 60
- Academic Dispute Resolution Procedure, page 61
- Gender-based and Sexual Misconduct Policy, page 65
- University of Alaska Anchorage Alcohol Policy, page 67
- Student Code of Conduct, page 68
- Student Conduct Review Procedures, page 75
- Code of Conduct brochure
- Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
- UAA Anti-discrimination Statement
Title IX – Gender Equity in Education
The State of Alaska Division of Elections is a great resource where you will be able to find information on:
- Updates: Find election information statewide in Alaska.
- Voter Registration Information: Find information on registration and voting in Alaska.
- Voter Assistance: Find forms and accessibility options for voters.
- List of Candidates: See the list of candidates in your district.
- Registrar Training: Free training to become a Voter Registrar.
Voter registration is available in Student Services. Mat-Su College is a State of Alaska polling place.
Out of respect for others and the campus environment, tobacco use and smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes and similar products are prohibited on university property (UA BOR policy P05.12.102).
Littering an area with, or with the remains of, tobacco-related or smoking-related products is also prohibited and carries a $50 fine.
This policy applies to all university events, events held on university grounds or property and applies to all members of the university community including faculty, staff, students, friends, volunteers, patients, customers, vendors, contractors, guests and visit.