As students attending a community campus of the University of Alaska Anchorage, Mat-Su College students are afforded the same rights and responsibilities as any member of the University community. These rights, freedoms, and responsibilities are explained in the Fact Finder Student Handbook (see links below) and on the UAA Dean of Students page. As stated in the Fact Finder Handbook, “All members of the University community have a responsibility to protect and maintain an academic climate in which the freedom to learn is enjoyed by all. To this end, certain basic regulations and policies have been developed to govern the behavior of students as members of the University community.”
For questions on student rights, freedoms, and responsibilities, contact Student Services or the Office of Academic Affairs at Mat-Su College.
Academic related policies and processes are delineated in the UAA Catalog
UAA Fact Finder Student Rights, Freedoms and Responsibilities
- General Policies
- Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act
- Complaint Resolution
- Gender-Based and Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Sexual Harassment
- Smoking on Campus
- Student Dispute/Complaint Resolution Process
- Student Complaint Process/External Agencies
- UAA Campus Security and Fire Safety Report
- UAA Guidelines and Procedures for Children and Minor on Campus
- University Student Educational Records (FERPA) Policy
- University of Alaska Anchorage Alcohol Policy
- Code of Conduct brochure
- Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
- UAA Anti-discrimination Statement
Title IX – Gender Equity in Education
- UAA Resources on Title IX
- Support and Reporting Options for Survivors of Sexual Assault
- UA Stop the Silence resource web page
The State of Alaska Division of Elections is a great resource where you will be able to find information on:
- Updates: Find election information statewide in Alaska.
- Voter Registration Information: Find information on registration and voting in Alaska.
- Voter Assistance: Find forms and accessibility options for voters.
- List of Candidates: See the list of candidates in your district.
- Registrar Training: Free training to become a Voter Registrar.
Voter registration is available in Student Services. Mat-Su College is a State of Alaska polling place.