Mat-Su College Student Ambassadors are a select group of dynamic student leaders who facilitate student transition and retention by providing bridges within the MSC community. Ambassadors weave meaningful connections and promote dialogue between students, administration, staff, faculty, and our local community.
2015-16 MSC Student Ambassadors
Margaret Koeneman (4th year)
Everret Hamilton (3rd year)
- Facilitate New Student Orientation
- Help recruit new students
- Participate in special campus and community service events
- Assist Faculty and Staff
- Guide campus tours
Want to Become a Student Ambassador?
Student Ambassador hiring takes place each spring for the upcoming academic year. The process to apply is via UAK Jobs, the university’s online application system.
Successful applicants must have completed at least one semester at Mat-Su College, possess a minimum GPA of 2.5, have been enrolled in at least six credits during the spring semester previous to their employment as an Ambassador and remain in at least six credits throughout their term of service. Additionally, Ambassadors should demonstrate:
- Availability for work and training meetings
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- An open, friendly personality
- A desire to become more involved in campus life
- An interest in personal improvement and helping fellow students
MSC faculty and staff:
Request Student Ambassador help through the Student Services Request Form.