All students using VA Education benefits must meet with an Academic Advisor for registration approval.
Please contact Student Services at 745-9746 for more information.
New Student Checklist for Veterans
- Complete the VA Online Application (VONAPP) www.gibill.va.gov
(All Chapters except Chapter 31)
- Request Transcripts (Academic & Military Service)
- Complete the Request for Evaluation of Military Transcripts (if applicable) and bring in Member Copy 4 of your DD-214 (we can make a copy for you for your file)
- Take a Placement Test (if necessary)
- Meet with an Advisor to plan your coursework. VA Certification is allowed ONLY on courses that apply to your current degree program or are considered prerequisite or developmental classes leading to degree requirements.
- Apply for Federal Aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is optional but recommended.
For many chapters you will need to certify your attendance EVERY MONTH with the VA. You can either call the office in Muskogee, OK at 1-877-823-2378 or certify online at www.gibill.va.gov. Other VA information can be obtained by contacting the VA in Oklahoma at 1-888-GIBILL-1.
UAA Financial Aid Forms (for Federal financial aid): http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/financialaid/forms.cfm
Ways to contact Veterans Affairs:
VA Regional Processing Office
PO Box 8888
Muskogee, OK 74402-8888
VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program
2925 DeBarr Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99608-2989