About CIOS Courses
The CIOS program offers several class options to help you meet your educational goals:
- Instructor-Led Classes (section P11)
- These classes are structured at a scheduled time and classroom. All assignments and schedule will be directed by the instructor for the course.
- Instructor-Led Web Classes (section PX1)
- These classes are structured and delivered using Blackboard (a Web-based course management system.) All course deadlines, assignments, and schedules will be directed by the instructor. Some classes may have scheduled online meeting times. Students should refer to the course syllabus or contact the instructor for schedule information. There are requirements for equipment, software, and basic computer skills to be able to complete the course assignments.
- Skill Center Classes (section PS1)
- CIOS Skill Center classes are self-paced. You may work at your own pace through the semester, but must complete an orientation, submit assignments in FSM106, and complete course work by posted deadlines. Instructors are available during Skill Center hours in FSM106.
- Skill Center Web Classes (section PY1)
- These are CIOS Skill Center classes that are self-paced and use Blackboard, (a Web-based course management system) for course information, submission of assignments, and retrieval of graded work. You may work at your own pace through the semester, but must complete an orientation and complete course work by posted deadlines. There are requirements for equipment, software, and basic computer skills to be able to complete the course assignments. Instructors are available by email or telephone during posted Skill Center hours.
For extra assistance, individual appointments may be arranged using Blackboard Collaborate, a Web-based communication tool.