Internships and Jobs
- Discover jobs in personalized recommendations based on your major & interests
- Find career and networking events on campus
- Explore thousands of jobs and internships available to you
- Schedule appointments for support with resumes and cover letters, mock interviews, internship orientation, and career exploration
- Track deadlines and put your best self forward
- Connect with employers and meet your potential
- Managing your on-campus interviews with top companies, organizations, and on-campus employers
- Access through an easy to use, accessible online platform and mobile app
Login using your UA username and password
Search and apply for on-campus positions through Careers at UA website. Refine your search by location and employment type.
For resume, cover letter, or mock interview contact your Career Development Advisor in Handshake.
Specialized Job Boards
- Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- My Next Move for Veterans
- Workplace Alaska – Alaska State Government Jobs
- USAJobs – Federal Government Jobs
What is an academic internship?
An academic internship is an opportunity for a student to gain work experience and satisfy course requirements for their degree or certificate. Students are placed with an organization in their community, when available, and sometimes without pay. An internship is an excellent way to gain hands-on experience in a career field while building a resume and identifying a network of professional contacts.
Student Services Career Development Office supports student academic internships in Computer Systems Technology (CST) website
(CST program only)
Contact the Career Development Advisor through Handshake (use your UA credentials to Login) or call 907-745-9746 to obtain the internship application. Prepare a cover letter and resume. Review the Cover Letter and Resume Guide tab for information on what to include in your cover letter. If you need assistance preparing any of these documents schedule an appointment with the Career Development Advisor through Handshake (use your UA credentials to Login) or call 907-745-9746.
Once you have your documents complete (Application, Cover Letter and Resume) schedule a Student Internship Orientation through Handshake (use your UA credentials to Login) with the Career Development Advisor or call 907-745-9746.
- Interest for completing internship.
- How it aligns with career goals.
- Describe your specific skills and qualifications.
- Identify areas necessary for professional growth.
Application Dates and Deadlines
March - June
October - November
- Submit completed Internship/ Industry Experience Application, Resume and Cover Letter.
- Complete Internship Orientation
- Identify Internship with assistance of Career Development Advisor.