Internships and Job Board
What is an internship?
An internship is an opportunity for a student to gain work experience or satisfy course requirements for their degree or certificate. Students are placed with an organization in their community, when available, and sometimes without pay. An internship is an excellent way to gain hands-on experience in a career field while building a resume and identifying a network of professional contacts.
Follow the Application Process below and review the submission deadline.
- Human Services program: Dr. Deborah Bannan (email)
- Paramedical Technology program: Dane Wallace (email)
- Veterinary Assisting Program program: Tracy Corneliussen (email)
(CST and CIOS programs only)
- Submit completed Internship/ Industry Experience Application, Resume and Cover Letter.
- Complete Internship Orientation
- Identify Internship with assistance of Career Development Advisor.
Job Board and Search tools
Supporting Job Application Documents
Internship candidates will be expected to submit a resume and cover letter. Some may also also invite you to interview. Resources are available on our Supporting Job Application Documents page to help prepare these documents or for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Mat-Su College-UAA students! Employers are a pivotal component in developing Alaska's workforce. If you are interested in hosting an intern, please contact the Career Development Advisor to learn about the process.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software