You've tracked your progress in your UAOnline DegreeWorks, and nearly completed all the requirements for your degree. You're ready to apply to graduate. You can apply now for graduation and don't need to wait until your last class is done.

For issues with courses or degree programs not showing in DegreeWorks as expected, see Degree Progress.


Looking for information about the commencement ceremony?

Apply to Graduate

To be eligible for graduation at the end of a given semester, a student must be formally admitted to the degree or certificate program and submit an application for graduation through UAOnline.

  • Apply to graduate through your UAOnline account.
  • Graduation application deadlines are in Registration Dates and Deadlines calendars.
  • Catalog policy on Graduation governs this process.
  • Students with a directory hold on their account will be removed from the commencement ceremony program prior to printing and will not be included in any other commencement-related publications.
  • Step-by-Step Directions to Apply to Graduate
    1. Login to UAOnline.
    2. Click on "Students Services & Account Information."
    3. Click on "Student Records."
    4. Select "Apply to Graduate."
    5. Select the degree program from which you wish to graduate and click "Continue."
    6. Select the semester in which you intend to graduate from the drop down menu and click "Continue."
    7. Click "Submit Request."

    You may view the status of existing applications for graduation in UAOnline. From the Student Services & Account Information tab, choose Student Records, Apply to Graduate and View Application to Graduate.

    See the university catalog for information and policies related to your application for graduation.

Graduate with Honors

To be eligible to graduate with honors, associate and baccalaureate degree-seeking students must earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.50 or higher in all college work attempted at or transferred to UAA/MSC. 

Standing GPA Requirement
Cum Laude 3.50 to 3.79
Magna Cum Laude 3.80 to 3.99
Summa Cum Laude 4.00

Read more about graduating with honors in the UAA Catalog.

Please note: The GPA on your transcript and in DegreeWorks is not your final GPA for honors.


Diplomas are eligible for pick up or can be mailed by request at this time. We will contact you via your phone number on file to let you know when your diploma is printed and ready for pick up. Please make sure to update your phone number and address in your uaonline account. 

Students must satisfy all unpaid student account balances before their diploma will be released.

The name on your diploma will be the official name on file with the University at the time of printing. Diplomas are printed with first name, middle initial, last name. UAA will print full middle and maiden names upon request. Requests to print alternate versions of first names will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. 

At the end of one year, any unclaimed/returned diplomas will be shredded. If you believe that your diploma has been shredded, please contact for further instruction.

Replacement Diploma

Graduates wishing to order a replacement diploma for a change of name must submit a Change of Personal Information along with documentation.

A Change Form is typically processed within seven business days.  An Application for Replacement Diploma will be processed within five business days or after the Change Form has been processed, if applicable.

All replacement diplomas will be printed with current University President, Chancellor, and Chair of the Board of Regents signatures and will have the words, "Replacement Diploma issued (date)" printed under the university seal.

Application for Replacement Diploma

Frequent Questions

  • Can I walk at Commencement in May?

    Students who complete certificate or degree requirements in the summer, fall or spring semesters are invited to participate in commencement ceremony in May. 

  • What is the 'final date' for turning things in and still graduating?

    All paperwork, petitions, test scores, grades, etc., must be received by the Registrar's Office by the final grade submission deadline. This date is generally three (3) business days after the last day of the semester. Specific dates are available on the Dates and Deadlines page. Degree Services begins reviewing students’ audits for completion the day after the final grading deadline. If a student's paperwork is not submitted or complete when their degree is audited, their degree will not be awarded. These students will receive email correspondence at their preferred email address with information about their degree status.

  • I know I'm not going to graduate. What should I do?

    Email from your preferred or student email account and request your application be moved to a future semester within one academic year of your original application. Include your student ID number, degree, and the semester to which you would like your application to be moved. This must be done before the final class day of the semester for which you applied to graduate. This is a one-time courtesy move.

  • My advisor/instructor told me another class would count for that requirement

    In order for students to graduate from MSC, they must complete all university, general education and major requirements as published in the university catalog. If an advisor or instructor tells a student that a particular course can satisfy a major requirement or that a major requirement may be waived, the student needs to work with their advisor to ensure academic petitions are submitted to the Registrar’s Office. Students should access their DegreeWorks audit (found in UAOnline, Student Services & Account Information link) to verify that all of their requirements are complete and to track academic petitions. If a petition is not documented in DegreeWorks, it is possible the petition was never received and will therefore not be considered when Degree Services completes the final audit.

  • Should I apply to graduate with an Occupational Endorsement Certificate?

    A student pursuing an Occupational Endorsement Certificate must apply for graduation to earn their OEC.

  • Incomplete Grades

    Your degree cannot be awarded if you have an incomplete grade in a course required for your degree. Change of grade forms must be submitted to the Registrar's Office by the last day of the semester in which you intend to graduate.

  • Transfer Credits

    If you will be using transfer credit to complete your degree requirements, you must have an official transcript from that institution sent to the Registrar's Office as soon as your grade is available. All transcripts must be received by the last day of the semester in which you intend to graduate.

  • CLEP and DSST (DANTES) Test Scores

    If you will be using test scores to complete your degree requirements, we must receive official test scores before the last day of the semester in which you intend to graduate. See more on the transfer credit site.

  • Degree Posted on Your Transcript

    Once all requirements have been verified as met, your degree will be posted to your record and immediately appear on your transcript. You can verify that your degree has been awarded by viewing your unofficial transcript in UAOnline.

If you have any questions, please email us at or call Student Services at 907-745-9746,
Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00pm