Mat-Su College is an extended college of the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA).  If you are pursuing a degree program offered by any other UAA campus (Anchorage, Kenai Peninsula College, Kodiak College, or Prince William Sound College) you may take classes at the Mat-Su College campus without submitting a separate application to Mat-Su College.

If you are a high school student applying for the Mat-Su Middle College School (High School) on our campus, offered by the Mat-Su Borough School District please visit our Mat-Su Middle College website for specific instructions on how to apply.

Application Deadlines

Spring 2023 Semester (January 17 - May 6)  Application Deadline: January 17

Degree-Seeking versus Non-Degree Seeking Application


You are taking classes to earn a specific degree or certificate. Degree seeking students may be eligible for financial aid.

Start an Application

 Most applicants complete the application in about 15-30 minutes.

1. Create an account with an email and create a password.

2. Create a profile with basic identification and contact information.

3. Start an application; select a term, program and provide an academic history.

4. Electronically sign and submit the application.

Non-Degree Seeking

You just want to take classes at this time and are not pursuing a degree.

High School students taking college classes while still in high school are considered non-degree seeking. 

Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.  

Start an Application

Degrees and Majors

After you Apply:  Next Steps

Follow these Next Steps to sign up for classes and become a fully enrolled student.  

Step 1. Complete the Placement Tests

ACCUPLACER Placement Test (Writing)

ALEKS Placement Test (Math)

Freshmen Students: your placement scores determine which classes you can start in.

Transfer or Returning Students: if you already passed college level math or English classes, you do not need to take a placement exam.

Step 2. Schedule an Appointment with an Academic Advisor

Step 3. Register for Classes

You can register for classes online via UAOnline after you have met with your Academic Advisor.

Step 4. Order Textbooks

Students may order textbooks through our online bookstore MBS Direct or their preferred provider.

For more information about ordering textbooks, contact MSC Campus Cache: (907) 745-9739 or email

Step 5. Get your Student ID Card

Stop by the Student Services office on campus to get your Student card.  

Step 6. Pay your Bill

Payment of tuition and fees for classes must be received by the posted deadline or at the time of registration unless you have made previous arrangements with the Campus Cache office.  Payment may be made online through UAOnline.

Note: Students are financially responsible for classes in which they are registered, even if they do not attend class.

Contact Us

Phone:  907-745-9746


Office Hours:  Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Fridays 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. 
Closed on Saturday and Sunday, and all federal holidays.