- Apply for Admission to Mat-Su College (or UAA)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year you are degree-seeking
- Complete a scholarship application
- Contact the Bureau of Indian Affairs or your local native organization about available
awards (if applicable)
- Make an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor and Academic Advisor. Call 907-745-9762
- Register for classes at UAOnline
- If needed, fulfill requirements by U.S. Department of Education for verification
- Check your UAOnline Account to see which forms to complete your financial aid application
- Log into the secured area with your Username and Password.
- Click on Financial Aid tab.
- Select UAA
- Click on Award
- Click on Award by Aid Year
- Select the aid year in the drop down box (refer to your Student Aid Report). Click Submit.
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab. You will have award options presented at this point.
- You can accept all or a portion of your award. It is awarded annually and will be
divided between Fall and Spring.
- Grants and scholarship awards are automatically accepted for you.
- Click Submit.
If accepting loans, first-time borrowers should complete the next steps
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- The MPN is an agreement that can be used to take one or more loans for one or more
academic years (up to 10 years). Separate MPN's are required for Parent PLUS loans.
- Save a copy of your MPN as it is a legal document to keep for future reference.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling
- This is a Federal requirement when you take out a Federal Stafford Loan for the first
- Counseling sessions can be done online and may take about 30-45 minutes
* Remember to monitor your financial aid status and re-apply for the FAFSA, annually.