Ordering Textbooks is Completely Online
- July 24, 2023: Online bookstore opens for Fall 2023 orders
- July 24 - August 6, 2023: FREE shipping to campus for all orders, excluding marketplace
- August 31, 2023: Student account charges close
- December 1 - 30, 2023: Fall 2023 textbook buyback
Mat-Su College, along with, UAA is excited to announce its new online bookstore, which goes live July 24, 2023 for Fall orders. Created in partnership with Ambassador Education Solutions, the online bookstore offers an easy, affordable, and hassle-free shopping experience. Students automatically connect to their personalized lists of course materials where they can find, compare, and order items anytime, anywhere from their computers or mobile devices, including new and use textbooks, digital materials, rentals, supplies, kits, and more. At the online bookstore, students will be able to find and order books for all UAA campuses (Anchorage, Mat-Su College, Kenai Peninsula College, Kodiak College, and Prince William Sound College).
How Does it Work?
Login with your UA username and password to view a personalized, easy-to-use page with all your UAA courses, required materials, and pricing options. The online bookstore offers:
- A quick and intuitive ordering process - complete your purchase in 5 minutes!
- Options for all course materials, including new and used textbooks, eBooks, rentals, supplies, kits and more.
- The online bookstore serves all of UAA campuses (Anchorage, Mat-Su College, Kenai Peninsula College, Kodiak College, and Prince William Sound College), you can get all your books with one order.
- Free shipping to your campus during the posted dates. After the free shipping period, you can still ship to campus for a shipping fee.
- Expert customer service with added support at the beginning of every term.
- Flexible payment options, including the ability to charge your course materials to your student account. Please remember that all charges must be paid by the payment deadline and are subject to the same late fees as tuition, fees and housing. See Paying For Your Course Materials below for more details.
- What is Inclusive Access
- How to Opt-Out of Inclusive Access
- Billing: Inclusive Access (IA) materials are automatically charged to the student's account. If you drop the class or opt out of using IA materials before the Add/Drop date, a refund will be automatically posted to the student account. If you have any questions about IA refunds, please email the Campus Cache.
Paying for your Textbooks
Pay out of pocket
If you wish to pay for your books out of pocket, select "Use a credit or debit card".
Charge to your Student Account
Purchases completed using a student account charge limit will be charged to your student account. Payment for any and all bookstore charges on your student account is due by the payment deadline and is subject to the same late fees as tuition, fees, and housing.
- Register for an Mat-Su campus class
- Be enrolled at Mat-Su as a degree-seeking student (admitted to a degree / certificate program)
- Have no financial holds on your student account
If you had not registered yet or need to fix your admissions or financial status, you will receive the charge limit email and balance the next day after your status is updated. This notification email is sent to your university email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). The charge limit will also show in the online bookstore when you login, even if for some reason you did not receive the email.
If you believe you should have received a charge limit and have not received an email the next day after resolving your eligibility above, please email email@example.com.
How to Charge
To charge books to your student account:
- At checkout, choose your student account charge limit to apply to your purchase. Student account charge limits can only be applied to required materials, not those marked as optional.
- After the purchase is complete, you will see the charge on your student account
- If you receive financial aid, some or all of your charges may be covered by that aid depending on the type of aid, the type of charge, and the timing of the process (before or after aid disburses). For more details about student accounts visit Student Accounts and Refunds.
After the expiration date of your charge limit you can still purchase materials, but will need to do so out of pocket.
Students registered with Disability Support Services who need a physical format textbook as a reasonable accommodation should contact Disability Support Services.
You can purchase physical materials and books and have them shipped to your address. E-books and access codes will be delivered by email and available in your online bookstore e-library. Shipping times to Alaska are estimated to be at least 8-10 days. Finalize your class registration early and order textbooks as soon as possible to ensure you have access to the best and most affordable options and that your order will arrive on time.
Need to return a book?
- Login to your bookstore account
- Click "My Account" in the top navigation
- Find your order on the Order History tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the order and click on the "Return Items From This Order
- Visit the Frequently Asked Questions for more details and the Return Policy