Fall 2021 textbooks are available for viewing and purchasing in our Virtual Bookstore.
Beginning with the Spring 2022 term, Mat-Su College will transition course material services to the Akademos platform where you order your textbooks through the portal and then have them delivered either by mail for physical items or by email for digital courseware.
The new platform is designed to provide you with affordable course materials, convenience, and choice. Created in partnership with Akademos, Inc. and powered by TextbookX, the Online Bookstore simplifies the textbook ordering process for students and professors.
Ordering Textbooks is Completely Online
All courses, required materials, and pricing options are displayed in a personalized, easy-to-use page when you log in with your student account. The online bookstore offers:
- A quick ordering process – complete your purchase in 5 minutes
- New, used, e-book, and rental textbook options
- Price match guarantee on all new books
- Year-round Customer Experience team with 24/7 support at the beginning of every spring and fall term
- Guaranteed buyback and instant bid offers for select textbooks at the end of the term
Paying for your Textbooks
Pay out of pocket
If you wish to pay for your books out of pocket, select "Use a credit or debit card". We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Paypal or G Pay.
Charge to your Student Account
Purchases completed using a student account charge limit will be charged to your student account. Payment for any and all bookstore charges on your student account is due by the payment deadline and is subject to the same late fees as tuition, fees, and housing.
- Register for an Mat-Su campus class
- Be enrolled at Mat-Su as a degree-seeking student (admitted to a degree / certificate program)
- Have no financial holds on your student account
If you had not registered yet or need to fix your admissions or financial status, you will receive the charge limit email and balance the next day after your status is updated. This notification email is sent to your university email address (email@example.com). The charge limit will also show in the online bookstore when you login, even if for some reason you did not receive the email.
If you believe you should have received a charge limit and have not received an email the next day after resolving your eligibility above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Charge
To charge books to your student account:
- At checkout, choose your student account charge limit to apply to your purchase. Student account charge limits can only be applied to required materials, not those marked as optional.
- After the purchase is complete, you will see the charge on your student account
- If you receive financial aid, some or all of your charges may be covered by that aid depending on the type of aid, the type of charge, and the timing of the process (before or after aid disburses). For more details about student accounts visit Student Accounts and Refunds.
After the expiration date of your charge limit you can still purchase materials, but will need to do so out of pocket.
Classes that have an online or e-book option in addition to the print version will only display the e-book format for purchase starting five days before the first day of class for their respective semester. Course materials that are not available in an online or e-book format will still be available in print/physical format. If you prefer print books, you must place your order prior to the E-book Prioritization date.
Upcoming E-book Prioritization Dates
- Spring 2022: January 5, 2022
Students registered with Disability Support Services who need a physical format textbook as a reasonable accommodation should contact Disability Support Services.
You can purchase physical materials and books and have them shipped to your address. E-books and access codes will be delivered by email and available in your online bookstore e-library. Shipping times to Alaska are estimated to be at least 8-10 days. Finalize your class registration early and order textbooks as soon as possible to ensure you have access to the best and most affordable options and that your order will arrive on time. Track your order here.
Need to return a book? Start the return process here.
How to Access E-Library
- Login to uaa.textbookx.com
- Click your name at the top-right corner of the screen to expand the drop-down menu
- Click on e-Library