Associate of Applied Science
- Human Services Degree Requirements
- HUMS A295A Practicum I Application: Please email Dr. Deborah Bannan, Human Services Program Coordinator.
- HUMS A295B Practicum II Continuation: Please email Dr. Deborah Bannan, Human Services Program Coordinator.
Make A Difference
The Human Services Program leads to an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree and prepares students to work effectively in paraprofessional counseling roles and human services practices.
The Human Services program is competency based and community oriented. Students gain firsthand experience through practicum placements at local social service providers.
Career pathways include:
- Social and Human Service Assistant
- Casework Specialist
- Home Based Assistant
- Mental Health Technician
- Outreach Specialist
- Addictions Counselor Assistant
Both the AAS and BHS degrees are accredited by the Council for Standards in Human Services Education. Find out more at UA Human Services Catalog
*Please note - Students with a criminal record may have difficulty securing a practicum site (which could indefinitely delay completion of the degree and/or employment after graduation), and might find a better fit in another degree program. Please email Dr. Deborah Bannan, the AAS in Human Services Program Coordinator, if you have any questions or concerns.