Free counseling sessions are available for Mat-Su College students, provided by Mat-Su Health Services, Inc.
How to make an appointment
- Contact Mat-Su Health Services at (907) 775-5605 or (907) 352-3238. Or, call their 24-hour crisis line at (907) 376-2411.
- Identify yourself as a Mat-Su College student.
- As a student, you have access to free sessions (up to 5) with an experienced behavioral health care clinician. Appointments can take place either on campus or at Mat-Su Health Services, located at 1363 W. Spruce Avenue, Wasilla.
- Depending on when you call, you can set an appointment or you will receive a call back. The Mat-Su Health Services number is staffed 24-hours a day.
For your first appointment, you should plan to meet with the clinician for 50-60 minutes. The clinician will explain the limits of confidentiality, and ask you to sign a consent-for-treatment form. Minors may need parental permission for services.
Note: If you need to cancel an appointment, please do so by 5:00 pm the day before your scheduled appointment. If you fail to attend two scheduled appointments, you may lose eligibility for additional free sessions.
All counseling services are confidential. No information can be released to anyone without your written consent. Rare exceptions to confidentiality are required by law. These situations are related to intent to harm others and/or self, or situations where a child is being harmed.
What Is Counseling?
Counseling is meeting with a licensed behavioral health clinician to discuss some aspect of your personal or interpersonal life. It involves talking about and working through concerns and problems.
Counseling can help you
- Clarify personal issues and emotions
- Set goals
- Improve relationships
- Free yourself of disturbing thoughts and feelings
Why Seek Counseling?
Eating disorders and body image
Gender identity exploration
Problems resulting from abuse
Sexual orientation exploration
Thoughts of self-harm
Services are provided as part of a Mental Health Services pilot project funded by the Mat-Su Health Foundation.
The free services will be available for a limited time on campus as the grant funding permits.
Students may always contact Mat-Su Health Services for mental health care. Mat-Su Health Services offers a variety of options for payment of care, including a sliding scale and insurance.
Website: Mat-Su Health Services
Phone: (907) 376-2411