Registration reserves your space in a class and is available to both degree-seeking and non-degree-seeking students.
Just want to take a class?
Community members who want to take a class for general interest may enroll as a non-degree-seeking student. Follow these two steps:
- Apply for admission as a non-degree-seeking student (no application fee)
- After you are admitted (1 – 3 days) and have access to registration, sign up for the class you want following the steps below.
Everyone who enrolls in classes at Mat-Su College | UAA must first be admitted as a certificate-seeking, degree-seeking, or non-degree-seeking student. If you are a new student, follow the steps outlined on the Future Students page to apply for admission. We encourage all students to meet with an academic advisor for best course selection. Please call 745-9762 to schedule an appointment. Senior citizens who would like to use a waiver, please follow the Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver Process before registering for classes.
how to Register
- Pay tuition and fees before the published dates and deadlines to avoid being assessed late fees. Students are responsible academically and financially for their registration activity.
- Purchase textbooks.
- Officially drop or withdraw by the published deadlines if unable to attend a course. Failure to do so may result in a grade of F or NB for nonattendance and may affect financial aid and grade point average (GPA).
- Regularly check your assigned UAA e-mail and UAOnline accounts for changes or updates.
- Read the UAA catalog for important registration policies. Learn about adding, dropping, withdrawing, and auditing classes, as well as, grading and exceptions.
If you need help registering, e-mail Student Services or visit us on campus in the Fred and Sara Machetanz building, room 101A. You may also call us at (907) 745-9746.