Registration reserves your space in a class and is available to both degree-seeking and non-degree-seeking students.
If you are a new student, follow the steps outlined on the Future Students page to apply for admission, prepare for placement tests, and meet with an advisor before registration.
Steps to Register
- Course Schedule - View course descriptions, class details, and registration restrictions
- All students must meet course prerequisites and/or placement score requirements
- Academic Dates and Deadlines - Learn when to register
- Degree and certificate seekers have priority in registration
- UAA Catalog - Read important registration policies
- Learn about adding, dropping, withdrawing, and auditing classes, as well as, grading and exceptions
- Pay any outstanding balance due through UAOnline or in-person at Campus Cache, located in JKB109.
- Register for Classes - Log in to UAOnline and register, or visit Student Services for in-person registration.
- Purchase textbooks - pay tuition and fees by payment deadline to avoid late fees.
- Attend all classes even if your financial aid is pending.
- Make changes to your schedule prior to the add/drop deadline.
- Changes can impact your SAP and financial aid. Consult with your academic or financial aid advisor for help.
Concurrent Enrollment and Senior Citizen Waivers
Just want to take a class?
Community members who want to take a class for general interest may enroll as a non-degree-seeking student. Follow these two steps:
- Apply for admission as a non-degree-seeking student (no application fee)
- After you are admitted (1 – 3 days) and have access to registration, sign up for the class you want following the steps outlined above.
Policies on non-degree-seeking status are explained in the catalog.
If you need help registering, email Student Services or visit us in FSM 101A. Academic advising appointments: (907) 745-9762 Admissions/Registration and general questions can be answered by phone, (907) 745-9746.