Financial Aid is money to help you meet your educational expenses at Mat-Su College. Our Financial Aid Advisors are here to assist you with making your dreams of a quality education come true. Find how to apply for aid, what options are available, and how to manage your aid. All students in need should apply for financial aid – do not assume you are not eligible! Part-time and full-time degree-seeking students are eligible to receive financial aid funds.
SCHOOL CODE - 011462
- Apply for Admission to Mat-Su College (or UAA)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year you are degree-seeking
- Complete UAOnline scholarship application
- Contact the Bureau of Indian Affairs or your local native organization about available awards (if applicable)
- Make an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor and Academic Advisor. Call 907-745-9762
- Register for classes at UAOnline
- If needed, fulfill requirements by U.S. Department of Education for verification
- Check your UAOnline Account to see which forms to complete your financial aid application
- Log into the secured area with your Username and Password.
- Click on Financial Aid tab.
- Select UAA
- Click on Award
- Click on Award by Aid Year
- Select the aid year in the drop down box (refer to your Student Aid Report). Click Submit.
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab. You will have award options presented at this point.
- You can accept all or a portion of your award. It is awarded annually and will be divided between Fall and Spring.
- Grants and scholarship awards are automatically accepted for you.
- Click Submit.
If accepting loans, first-time borrowers should complete the next steps
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- The MPN is an agreement that can be used to take one or more loans for one or more academic years (up to 10 years). Separate MPN's are required for Parent PLUS loans.
- Save a copy of your MPN as it is a legal document to keep for future reference.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling
- This is a Federal requirement when you take out a Federal Stafford Loan for the first time.
- Counseling sessions can be done online and may take about 30-45 minutes
* Remember to monitor your financial aid status at UAOnline and re-apply for the FAFSA, annually.
Want to make an appointment?
Phone: (907) 745-9762
Mat-Su College, FSM 101
8295 E College Drive, Palmer 99645