Welcome to Mat-Su College!
Welcome to your Mat-Su College educational journey. There are many rewarding experiences along the path to your ultimate goal; however, there are tests along the way (and not just the ones you take in class).
Mat-Su College is sponsoring a series of activities for students, staff, and faculty this semester to help you cope with stress, rise to challenges, and stay healthy as you make your way through this exciting, and often hectic time in your life.
By joining your MSC community at Journey events this semester, you can follow Sophia, our Arctic Dragon Mascot, on the four paths for health and well-being:
All Journey events are free. Just look for the Mat-Su College Arctic Dragon stamp of approval! Some events require pre-registration, so be sure to check the event before attending.
Mat-Su College Journey activities and behavioral care services are supported by a Healthy Impact Grant from the Mat-Su Health Foundation.
Attend events, collect stamps, and collect incentives
- 3 stamps - A choice of Frisbee, pedometer, or USB charger (while supplies lasts)
- 5 stamps - $10 Break Time Café gift card
- 6 stamps - $20 Campus Cache gift card
- 7-10 stamps - Enter a drawing to win Journey spirit-wear or a $50 Campus Cache gift card
Dragon Approved Activities
Click on the name of a Month below to see all of the upcoming Journey Events.
Earn a Proactive Stamp:
- Attend a FAFSA Friday or Scholarship Workshop
- Use the MSC Math or Writing Tutor services
- Join a Math Cram Jam session
- Show up to a library information session
- Meet with a career counselor in Student Services
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor
Don’t Go It Alone!
You’re not alone on this journey! If you feel like you’re losing your way, there are places to go to help you get back on track:
Mat-Su College students may receive up to three free counseling appointments with an experienced behavioral health clinician. To make an appointment, call Mat-Su Health Services at 907-376-2411 and identify yourself as a Mat-Su College student. You may meet with the clinician on campus or at Mat-Su Health Services.
All faculty and staff are available to assist you in achieving your educational goals. Just ask for help!
Mat-Su Valley Resources
Pick up a United Way of Mat-Su Guide to Valley Resources at Journey Awareness events or visit the United Way website for a complete listing of organizations and agencies.