Welcome to Mat-Su College!
Welcome to your Mat-Su College educational journey. There are many rewarding experiences along the path to your ultimate goal; however, there are many tests along the way (and not just the ones you take in class).
Mat-Su College is sponsoring a series of activities for students, staff, and faculty this spring semester to help you cope with stress, rise to challenges, and stay healthy as you make your way through this exciting, but often hectic time in your life.
By joining your MSC community at Journey events this semester, you can follow Sophia, our Arctic Dragon Mascot, on the four paths for health and well-being:
- Awareness of good mental health for yourself and others
- Balance between school, work, family, and self-care
- Connection to campus, community, friends, and family
- Off the Beaten Path, expanding your horizons by trying something new
And remember, you don’t have to go it alone. See the back cover for a list of services for places to go when you feel overwhelmed or have lost your way. Good luck and best wishes for a happy and healthy semester!
All Journey events are free. Just look for the Mat-Su College Arctic Dragon stamp of approval! Some events require pre-registration, so be sure to check the event before attending.
Mat-Su College Journey activities and behavioral care services are supported by a Healthy Impact Grant from the Mat-Su Health Foundation.
Attend events, collect stamps, and win prizes!
- 5 stamps: Get a $10 voucher for the MSC Cafeteria.
- 6 stamps: Take a custom Arctic Dragon diffuser necklace, bracelet, or wood charm from LowCountry Eclectic (while supplies last).
- 7 stamps: Enter the drawing to win a Hydro Flask (one entry).
8-10 stamps: Enter the drawing to win a $50 REI Gift Certificate (up to 3 entries).
Deadline to enter the drawings: May 3, 2018.
Remember: when you attend a Dragon-approved event, make sure you get your passport stamped. Passports will not be stamped retroactively: You must collect your stamp at the event. Limit one passport per person.
Passports will be available in Academic Affairs, Student Services, around campus, and at events. Good luck on your journey and best wishes for a happy and healthy semester!
Dragon Approved Activities
Click on the name of each Path listed below to see all of the upcoming Journey Events.
Additional Dragon Approved Activities
You can also earn a stamp by:
- Attending a FAFSA Friday or UAA scholarship workshop
- Using the MSC math or writing tutoring services
- Joining in on a Math Cram Jam session
- Showing up to a library information session
- Meeting with a career counselor in Student Services
- Making an appointment with your Mat-Su College advisor
Don’t Go It Alone!
You’re not alone on this journey! If you feel like you’re losing your way, there are places to go to help you get back on track:
Mat-Su College students may receive up to three free counseling appointments with an experienced behavioral health clinician. To make an appointment, call Mat-Su Health Services at 907-376-2411 and identify yourself as a Mat-Su College student. You may meet with the clinician on campus or at Mat-Su Health Services.
All faculty and staff are available to assist you in achieving your educational goals. Just ask for help!
Mat-Su Valley Resources
Pick up a United Way of Mat-Su Guide to Valley Resources at Journey Awareness events or visit the United Way website for a complete listing of organizations and agencies.