Federal school code # 011462.
Financial Aid helps make college affordable. It can help pay for tuition and fees, books and supplies, transportation, and some living expenses. Financial aid is available for eligible degree-seeking students who apply and follow the steps outlined below.
Financial Aid Resources
Financial Aid Resources is your place to learn about grants, scholarships, student loans, and costs of attendance.
Apply for Financial Aid
Students should apply for financial aid at least six months prior to the beginning of the semester for which financial aid is needed.
- Apply for Admission to Mat-Su College (or UAA).
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with school code #011462.
- Complete UAOnline scholarship application.
- Contact the Bureau of Indian Affairs or your local native organization about available awards (if applicable).
- Make an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor and Academic Advisor. Call 907-745-9762.
- Register for classes at UAOnline.
- Fulfill verification requirements, if requested by the U.S. Department of Education. MSC's Financial Aid office also verifies information on selected applications prior to students receiving funds.
- Check your UAOnline account to see what forms are needed to complete your financial aid application and receive your funds.
Go to UAOnline
- Log into the secured area with your Username and Password.
- Click on Financial Aid tab.
- Select UAA
- Click on Award
- Click on Award by Aid Year
- Select the aid year in the drop down box (refer to your Student Aid Report). Click Submit.
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab. You will have award options presented at this point.
- You can accept all or a portion of your award. It is awarded annually and will be divided between Fall and Spring.
- Grants and scholarship awards are automatically accepted for you.
- Click Submit.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- The MPN is an agreement that can be used to take one or more loans for one or more academic years (up to 10 years). Separate MPN's are required for Parent PLUS loans.
- Save a copy of your MPN as it is a legal document to keep for future reference.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling at studentloans.gov
- This is a Federal requirement when you take out a Federal Stafford Loan for the first time.
- Counseling sessions can be done online and may take about 30-45 minutes
Remember to monitor your financial aid status at UAOnline and re-apply for the FAFSA, annually.