CTE and Concurrent Enrollment

The Mat-Su Borough School District (MSBSD) and University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) partner to provide a dual enrollment opportunity through the Career Technical Education (CTE) and Concurrent Enrollment program, formerly known as Tech Prep. The program allows high school (secondary) students to receive college credit at UAA | Mat-Su College by successfully completing specific, pre-approved courses at their high school.

Registration deadline is September 29, 2023

Application Process

Follow each and every step to avoid delays in the process.

  • Step 1: Apply for Admissions to the Mat-Su College  

    This will generate a University of Alaska (UA) Identification (ID) Number which you will need to register for your class.

    1. Go to UA Online and apply for admissions to the Mat-Su College. Click on Future Students, then on Non-Degree-Seeking High School Students, then on the blue ‘ENTER’ button under UAA.
    2. Follow instruction for Option 2, Select “New Student” and create a temporary log in to begin the application.

    • Select campus: Mat-Su College.
    • Select Application Type: Secondary School 17 & younger, continue to follow application prompts.

    3. Print out the confirmation page at the end of the application. Wait 2 business days before proceeding to step 2 below.

    If you encounter difficulty, please contact Rose Cross at 907-746-9333.

  • Step 2: Get your college/university credentials
    1. Go to https://me.uaa.alaska.edu/.
    2. Select Option 3 and follow the prompts.
    3. Write down your username and student Identification (ID) Number.
    4. Set a new password. Write this information and keep in a secure place.
    5: Go to UAOnline Services and login using your newly created username and password. 
  • Step 3: Get your parent’s permission

    Complete the following college university authorization forms. Forms are processed through the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) campus and may take 2-3 business days.
    1. Secondary Student Parent/Guardian Agreement Form (PowerForm) REQUIRED
    2. Authorization to Release Educational Record Information Form (PowerForm)

    Visit Secondary Student Enrollment Policy (UAA website) for more information.

  • Step 4: Register for college class(es)

    Go to UAOnline Services and log in using your newly created username and password. Pay attention to the red boxes that pop up periodically.

    1.  Click on Student Services & Account Information.

    2. Click on Register/Add/Drop Classes.

    3. Select the term and click continue

    4. If it asks for your Educational Level and Goal chose Concurrent High School and Other.

    5. Enter the 5 digit CRN number your high school teacher has, and click Complete Registration Changes.  Then click Accept to the agreement.

  • Step 5: Pay for your class(es)

    Right after you register for your class, click on Pay Now button to pay for your class. See Frequently Asked Questions below for additional payment options.





Student looking over a laptop in the library


Rose Cross

Mat-Su College
Enrollment Specialist Student Services
(907) 746-9333

Ellen Long 

Mat-Su Borough School District
CTE Curriculum Coordinator
(907) 746.9281
Website: MSBSD Career and Technical Information


  • Frequently Asked Questions
    • What are the advantages of my child participating in the dual enrollment program?

      Students have the opportunity to earn both high school and college credit, with successful completion of dual enrollment course(s). Benefits for students include: 

      • Realistic idea of what college course and course work would be like.
      • Dual enrollment courses can be less expensive when taken as a high school student, earning college credit at a reduced rate. 
      • Dual enrollment courses allow students to explore areas of academic interest.
      • High school students are accumulating college credits establishing their permanent college transcript, helping them graduate college early or on time. 
      • Students have the opportunity to work towards completing a college program (i.e. occupational endorsement, certificate, or associate degree) while in high school.
      Adapted from the Learning that Works for Alaska, a document distributed by CTE at the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development after consultation and collaboration with postsecondary entities in Alaska. For additional information visit: UA Dual Enrollment
    • When is the deadline to apply and register for the class?  
       One month after the start of the high school class. Deadline to register is February 10, 2023 at 5 pm. 
    • How do I make a payment?
      • Online - Log in to UAOnline, students will need their login information.
      • Mail a check: Make checks payable to: UAA and mail the check to the following address:
      Mat-Su College, 
      Attn: Campus Cache
      8295 E College Dr
      Palmer AK 99645

      Note: Include student’s name and their University Student ID number on the check.

      • In-Person at the Mat-Su College Campus Cache office located in the Jalmar Kerttula Building, Room 109. Note: The Campus Cache does not accept debit or credit cards.  We do accept a check, money order, or cash.  Please check our office hours before coming to campus.
    • Why can’t I register for my class? 
      Most of the time a student can’t register for a class because there is a hold on their account.  A common hold would be that a Student Parent Agreement is needed.  Have you submitted one? To see if you have a hold click on ‘View Holds’.  If no hold exists, call the college at 746-9333 to speak to the registration specialist.
    • What if I miss the deadline?
      Contact Mat-Su College Student Services at 907-745-9746 to learn what your options are. 
    • Notice of Availability: Annual Security and Fire Safety Report

      The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at: www.uaa.alaska.edu/safety.  The report contains information regarding campus safety and security including topics such as: campus law enforcement authority; crime reporting policies; campus alerts (Timely Warnings and Emergency Notifications); fire safety policies and procedures; programs to prevent dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking; the procedures the University will follow when one of these crimes is reported; and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in On-Campus Student Housing Facilities; in Noncampus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University or a recognized student organization; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus.  The report also contains fire statistics for any fires occurring in an On-Campus Student Housing Facility during the three most recent calendar years.  If you would like to receive a paper copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, you can stop by the UAA Police Department Office at Room 114 of Eugene Short Hall on the Anchorage campus or request a copy be mailed to you by calling 907-786-1120 or emailing police@uaa.alaska.edu.  You may also stop by the UAA Dean of Students Office in Room 122 of Rasmuson Hall on the Anchorage campus or request a copy be mailed to you by calling 907-786-1214 or emailing uaa_deanofstudents@alaska.edu.

    • Will IEPs and 504 plans apply at UAA | Mat-Su College?
      Students who experience disabilities are an important part of our MSC student body. The College approaches providing equal opportunities for students who experience disabilities as a campus-wide responsibility and commitment. College accommodations may differ from high school services and are based on one's diagnosis in combination with one's experience in the learning environment, and the federal guidelines for college students. Students will need to make an appointment with UAA | Mat-Su College Disability Support Services (DSS) to develop services for college classes.


 If you have additional questions please email Student Services or call (907) 745-9746.