Outreach and Communications
Outreach & Communications for Mat-Su College is responsible for placement of college information in digital and broadcast marketing, advertising, as well as the traditional static marketing media.
All college ads must be approved by Outreach & Communications before publication. Advertising should be designed and written to attract attention, have a clear call to action, elicit a positive response, and educate the public in ways that will increase enrollment and support of the college.
Review and Approval Policy
The college requires that all advertising be reviewed and approved by Outreach & Communications. Approval is required for display and classified advertising in newspapers and other print publications, and for advertising on radio, television, and other venues. Outreach evaluates advertising for accuracy, clarity, correct use of English, quality of design and photography, consistency with college graphic standards and college procedures, and compliance with federal laws. The procedures below cover advertising for print—if planning to do radio or television advertising, consult Outreach & Communications.
Logo, Equal Opportunity Statement and Contact Information
- Ads must contain contact information such as the website and main phone number. A web address can be used in addition to or instead of a phone number.
- Recruitment ads need to have the college logo and equal opportunity statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual.
Learn more about UA's notice of nondiscrimination.
- The logo and affirmative action statement are usually placed at the bottom of ads. The logo should be used without alterations.
Brochures and Posters
- MSC's general brochure (viewbook) provides an introduction to the college and an overview of college programs and services.
- Printed degree program materials, such as our degree cards are available.
- Brochure and poster design is available for approved college events.
Electronic Road Sign
For updates to the road sign please contact Outreach & Communications.
The college's Outreach & Communications has cameras available for use on internal projects related to public relations or communications.
To request scheduling a photo shoot or the photographing of an event, please use the Outreach & Communications.
Photo & Video Policy
Matanuska-Susitna College takes photos and videotapes of students throughout the year. These photographs often include students in classrooms, study areas, the library, lounge areas, and at special events. MSC reserves the right to use these photographs as a part of its publicity and marketing efforts. Students who enroll at MSC do so with the understanding that these photographs might include them and might be used in College publications, both printed and electronic, and for publicity purposes.
Banners, display panels, display materials, and table covers that can be used for event exhibits are available. To borrow these materials, contact Outreach & Communications.