MooseThe collections department is a resource for students, parents and departments assisting with financial literacy and debt/collection prevention. The staff oversees current term tuition payment plans, works with students to arrange payments for delinquent account, processes returned checks, PFD garnishments and third-party debt collection.

We are located in the Campus Cache

Mat-Su College
Jalmar Kerttula Building (JKB) 109
8295 E College Dr
Palmer AK 99645

Phone: 907-745-9739 x2


  • I'd like to set up a Payment Plan, what are my options?

    To access the payment plan:

    1.Log into UAOnline

    2.Select the 'Student Services & Account Information' tab

    3.Click' Student Account'

    4.Click 'Make Payments'

    5.Acknowledge the refund policy statement by clicking the check box

    6.Click the 'Pay Now' button


    Payment plans are available to students admitted to UAA campus’ degree or non-degree seeking programs.

    • A non-refundable $65 plan enrollment fee is required at the time of payment plan enrollment
    • A down payment equal to a monthly installment is required at the time of payment plan enrollment, followed by scheduled, equal monthly payments due on the 10th of the month
    • The payment plan automatically adjusts to reflect changes made to the student account due to new charges and credits
    • Financial Aid, Waivers, and Third-Party payments will reduce monthly installment amounts; other payments made outside of the payment plan will apply to the next scheduled installment
    • Outstanding balances from prior terms will be included in the payment plan balance
    • Late or missed installment payments will incur a $25 late fee
    • If the balance is paid in full prior to the scheduled payment plan end date and new charges are later added, scheduled monthly installments will automatically resume
    • Please call the Campus Cache for any payment plan related questions.
  • I have a Hold on my account, what can I do?

    Students whose accounts are not paid in full by the payment deadline will have accounts receivable (AR) holds placed on their account and will not receive transcripts, diplomas and are not permitted to register for additional classes until their past due balance is paid in full.  

    Holds may also be placed on your account due to UAA  parking citations, UAA health center charges or library fines.  

    Memo (AM) holds are for internal use and may exist on your account but do not affect transcripts or registration. 

    Generally, AR holds will be automatically released 24 hours after account is paid in full. All other holds are lifted manually. 

    Please contact collections at 907-745-9739 if you have questions regarding your account hold.

    Accounts Receivable approval is not required for you to drop or withdraw from your course. You can drop or withdraw by completing the Registration Changes Form (PDF). Please note, depending on the date, you may not receive a refund for the course you are dropping. Please see the Dates and Deadlines page for refund deadlines.

  • I'm a UA Faculty or Staff member, can I set up payroll deduction?

    If you are faculty or staff, you are now able to pay your student account on a bi-weekly basis through payroll deductions. 

    To enroll, fill out the Payroll Deductions Form (PDF) and email to the UAA Collections Office, return in person (2601 Providence Dr, Eugene Short Hall, Suites 102 & 204), or fax to 907-786-1301.

  • I have been sent to Collections, how do I contact the agency?

    Mat-Su College uses collection agencies to assist in maintaining low default rates. Accounts over 180 days old are subject to reporting to a collections agency. Being sent to collections can negatively affect credit and increase your repayment costs through collection fees. 

    Mat-Su College uses the following collection agencies:

    Williams and Fudge Collections Agency
    300 Chatham Ave, Rock Hill, SC 29730

    200 Cross Keys Office Park, Fairport, NY 14450

  • How do PFD garnishments work?

    If you have a delinquent account, your Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) may be garnished under Alaska Statute 14.40.251 and Alaska Statute 43.23.190. 

    If your account is sent for garnishment, additional details and instructions to appeal the process will be mailed to you. 

    If you believe you owe a balance in error, you should promptly file for an exception.

  • Oops, I bounced a check I paid to Mat-Su College, what now?

    Checks returned due to insufficient funds or a stop pay will be charged back to your student account. 

    A $30 non-refundable processing fee will be charged for all returned checks and your account will be put on hold. In order to release the hold, your account must be paid in the amount of the original check in addition to the returned check fee. The university reserves the right to refuse payment by check.

  • Forms