Student Accounts and Refunds

College Main EntranceOur office can assist with: student account sponsorships (agency funds), financial aid disbursements, refunds, tax questions, bookstore (Campus Cache) charges and military and veteran billing.


Phone: (907) 745-9739

Mailing Address:

Mat-Su College
Attn: Cashiering
8295 E College Dr
Palmer AK 99645
  • Hours
    Day Hours
    Monday 8:30am-5:00pm
    Tuesday 8:30am-5:00pm
    Wednesday 8:30am-5:00pm
    Thursday 8:30am-5:00pm
    Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
  • Where is my money?-Refunds

    If the total amount of your financial aid is greater than the amount of your bill, you will receive a refund. The University has 14 days to disburse the credit on a student’s account from the date in which the credit was created. Please check your UAOnline account – once your term balance shows a $0, a direct deposit should be in your designated bank account within 3 to 4 business days or a check to your mailing address on file within 7 to 10 business days. It is very important to keep your address up to date on UAOnline. Excess financial aid cannot typically be used to pay for previous balances, according to Federal Regulations. If you owe an outstanding balance, contact the Financial Aid office for the best advice on your available options.

    • The fastest way to receive your money is to sign up for Direct Deposit on UAOnline.
    • Seek help from the Financial Aid office regarding loans, SAP, and other financial aid questions.
    • Due to the high volume of refunds at the beginning of each semester, please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
  • How do I get my books?
    See the Textbooks page
  • Private Donor Scholarships

    The disbursement's office processes paper scholarship checks received from private donors. Please see instructions below to make sure all necessary information is included with your check.

    Checks may be mailed to:
    Mat-Su College
    Attn: Financial Aid
    8295 E College Dr
    Palmer AK 99645

    Students applying for private scholarships, please refer donors to this website for instructions. 

    Checks must be received (and signed if necessary) BEFORE the payment deadline in order to avoid late fees.

    Donor Instructions

    • Please make check payable to: Mat-Su College. If checks are made out to student, university and student or otherwise, anticipate delays in processing.
    • Mail checks to address above.
    • Instructions or award letters MUST accompany checks that include:
        • Recipients full name
        • Student's UA ID number. Do NOT include student's SSN, it violates University FERPA compliance. You may use last four digits of SSN and DOB if unable to provide UA ID number.
        • Specific term awarded
        • Any additional requirements such as GPA or number of credits enrolled 

    Other Tips:
    -MSC will do our best to comply with the donor requirements, but only to the point of award to the student's account. It is up to the donor to track the student's progress or otherwise beyond the point of award
    -Donors are encouraged to ONLY include pertinent, relevant requirements in their award letter
    -We prioritize our workload based on complete information provided by the donor, to ensure timely processing it is important you include student ID numbers
    -MSC does not encourage scholarship funds to roll over to next semester as it is not ideal for IRS reporting to split an award between two calendar years.

  • Sponsorship Instructions for Students

    Step One - Authorization 

    Each semester gain the appropriate authorization from the agency/donor/sponsor you are working with. They will need to send MSC the proper authorization. We cannot process anything until we have the written authorization from the agency/donor/sponsor. We will not contact them on your behalf. It is your responsibility to contact them.

    Step Two - School Process

     Once MSC has received the proper authorization, the charges that are authorized should clear off of your account. We process daily; however, during peak times, it may take 5-7 business days to see those charges cleared from your account. Monitor your account on UAOnline.

    - If you change your schedule after the original authorization was processed, please let our offices know so we can review and adjust your student account as needed.
    - If the agency does not cover all the costs/charges on your student account, you will be responsible for paying the remaining amounts by the payment deadline or your account will be subject to late fees and holds preventing future registration.
    - Authorization must be received prior to the payment deadline to avoid late fees.

    Step Three - Enjoy your Classes!

  • Sponsorship Instructions for Agencies

    Step One - Authorization 

    Each semester we require your agency to issue an authorization to invoice. The authorization must include itemized costs covered by your agency and for which student(s). This can be in the form of a purchase order, letter of authorization or use MSC's Authorization for Billing (Accessible PDF).  

    Below is a list of required information we must have from you:

    • List all of the students and their UA student ID numbers.
    • List what expenses you are paying with a maximum amount not to exceed.
    • Include contact information with a billing address.

    Step Two - School process request

    The Cashiering office will use your authorization to clear the charges from the student account. Any remaining balance on the student account will become the student’s responsibility. Students may view their account on UAOnline.

    Step Three - Billing 

    Approximately midway through the semester, MSC will finalize the semester invoice for your agency to pay. This invoice will be mailed to the billing address indicated on the authorization letter. If you prefer an invoice emailed, please let us know on the authorization. 

    Step Four - Pay Bill

    You may send paper checks to:
    Mat-Su College
    Attn: Cashiering
    8295 E College Dr
    Palmer AK 99645

    Or you may contact the Accounting Supervisor at 907-745-9739 option 3 to set up electronic payment (ACH/EFT).

  • Military, TA and Veteran Billing

    Students MUST request to use their benefits each semester that they are enrolled!

    Chapter 33 Benefits

    Students receiving federal financial aid and are utilizing the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) benefits will receive their financial aid refund after the add/drop date. If your financial aid exceeds the total cost of your tuition and fees you will receive an initial refund and a subsequent refund after the add/drop date, when tuition and fee amounts are certified. This allows more accurate reporting of tuition and fees. An outstanding balance will appear on your student account until payment is received from the Department of Veteran's Affairs. For additional information, please view the Military and Veteran Student Services website. 

    Other benefits?

    Tuition Assistance Forms

    Tuition Assistance forms or TA's must be brought to each campus of attendance. The school on the form must match the school of attendance. MSC enrollees should have their forms emailed to the Campus Cache, or you may bring it to the Campus Cache during normal business hours.

  • Loan Returns and Revisions

    You have 14 days from the date a disbursement was issued to return loan funds to your lender through UAA Mat-Su. Please complete a Revision Request to return funds. You may remit payment (if you received direct deposit) or return your uncashed check at the Campus Cache or by mailing it to: 

    Mat-Su College
    Attn: Financial Aid
    8295 E College Dr
    Palmer AK 99645 

    If you would like to return funds outside of this time frame, contact Financial Aid for your options.

  • Returned, lost, stolen checks

    Returned checks- Paper checks will be mailed to your mailing address. If your check is returned due to a bad mailing address, a hold will be placed on your account until your address has been updated on UAOnline. Once you have updated your address, email the disbursements office to have your check resent to you. Failure to provide your current mailing address is not a valid reason for check pickup.  

    Lost Checks- If you believe your check is lost or have not received it within 10 business days from the date it was issued, email the disbursements office to have a stop pay filed on the check. A non-refundable fee of $18.50 applies to all stop pays and will be deducted from the amount of the check. A replacement check will be issued, this process generally takes 5-7 business days.  

    Unclaimed Checks- MSC makes an attempt to notify payees of uncashed checks on an annual basis. If you have a stale dated check, you may return it to the disbursements office to have it reissued at no cost. If you no longer have the check or never received it, you may request a stop pay and have the check reissued. Checks that have been issued more than 180 days ago and remain uncashed may be turned over to the State of Alaska Unclaimed Property

  • IRS 1098-T Form

    The IRS 1098-T, tuition statement, reports qualified tuition and related expenses reportable by an eligible educational institution. Education tax credits may be available to you if your are paying education costs for yourself or a student who is a member of your immediate family. Form 1098-T enables you to determine if you qualify for one or more of these education tax credits. Additional instructions are available on the IRS Website. You may also call the UA 1098-T hotline at 1-877-563-7605 for more information.   

    Additional questions? Please visit the University of Alaska 1098-T FAQ's

    How to print your 1098-T: 

    Go to UAOnline 
    1. Login to the secured area (This can only be done by the student receiving the 1098-T)
    2. Select Student Services, Financial Aid & Account Information
    3. Select Student Account
    4. Select Tax Notification
    5. Enter Tax Year and submit 

    Please note: The 1098-T is based on a single calendar year, Jan. 1- Dec. 31 of any year and NOT the academic or aid year.

  • Forms